Introduction to the Popori race
Overview: The popori nation is made up of two distinct races. The elins—small female humanoids—were created by the goddess Elinu out of her own divine essence. The poporis are non-human beasts awakened to sentience by the elin. They are small, and accustomed to not being taken seriously. Poporis are curious, candid, uncompromising, and utterly ferocious—resolute and tenacious defenders of nature. They are quick to learn, and quick to judge. Lose a popori’s respect and you may never get an opportunity to regain it.
History: The Amanic War created deep scars on the continent of Arun. Elinu—the youngest dream-daughter of the titan Arun—wept for her father’s pain and determined to protect him. From her own divine essence, she created the elins. When the task proved too much for the elin alone, they in turn awakened animals to create the poporis. Together, they have worked to repair, protect, and preserve the world they live in.
Poporis Today: Recognizing the argons for the terrible threat they are to all of nature, the popori nation are willing and zealous allies of the Valkyon Federation. For as long as the federation’s aims and goals serve nature, Arun, and the memory of Elinu, the poporis will fight with the federation to protect the things they love above all else.
Capital City 'Pora Elinu': The popori capital is a city in an enormous tree that grows in the middle of a sacred lake near Elinu's final resting place. The lake lies deep in a softly glowing forest that is eternally lit by stars not seen in other realms, where Balder's eyes light up the sky. High arched bridges and a single entrance to the city demonstrate the popori’s natural talent for defense. Through a thousand years of world-wide conflict, the city has never fallen.
- Velik's Horn: Any Popori of sufficient level can teleport at will to Velika, the federation's capital. 1 hour cooldown.
- Soothing Presence: If they move slowly and carefully, poporis can sneak by monsters. 1 hour cooldown.
- Horizon Run: Poporis hate to waste time, and can speed up their movement out of combat. 30 minute cooldown.
- Botanist: Heightened senses help poporis to gather plant resources faster than other races.
- Friendly Current: Poporis love to swim, and are faster in the water than other races.
- Speed Boost: Increases your non-combat movement speed by 50.